Pump Splitter Option Kit - adds 300 sq feet
Provides an additional pex in-floor heating loop connection for a pump on the HUG Hydronics in-floor heating system. Have more loops than our unit has pumps? The "Pump splitter" provides a "Y" function so one pump can feed 2 loops!
You'll need one for the feed side and another for the return side. A quantity of 2 are required for each pump. (2 are included in the kit.)
Advantages of a pump per loop:
- More redundancy, making your heating system less dependent on any one pump.
- Finer control. Each loop can be on any zone and have its own speed setting.
- Overhead loops. They almost demand a pump per loop to make sure air is reliably purged from the loops.
- Lower initial cost.
- More loops per tank. Rather than 2700 square feet max, a tank can serve up to 5400 square feet of floor. In practice it is awkward to run that many loops to one tank. A house that big will usually be served better by two tanks in separate locations.
Related FilesSee all Resources
How Do I Use This?
Hugh the Ducky shows you how with his simple step-by step slide shows:
* Hugh the Ducky's Guide to HUG Hydronics and Multiple Heat Sources
*Hugh the Ducky's Installation Guide for the HUG Holey Hose Holder
*Hugh the Ducky's Installation Guide for Elbow Kit
*Hugh the Ducky's Adding Another Loop Pump
Questions? Talk to Real People
Hugh the Ducky has a trained team of tech support people that can answer all your questions.
For fastest help call 218-587-5001
or after hours email: HUGH@hugllc.com
- include pics of your set up/question please.